Many local authorities around England are starting to look to custom build housing as a new opportunity to create more homes – especially affordable homes, develop skills and create local employment. The Right to Build legislation that came into force in 2015 now requires local authorities to create opportunities for self and custom build and to work directly with members of the public and community groups to provide new housing solutions.
With over 18 years’ experience in self build and community housing, and having worked with a number of public sector clients, Ecomotive can provide you with the support you need to deliver your Right to Build responsibilities and develop an effective self and custom build strategy:
- Local interest assessment and registration: The Local Self Build Register enables local authorities to establish an online local register for custom build/self build and a solid evidence base for decision making
- Training (at your own location or or hosted in the inspirational setting of the award-winning Ashley Vale self build community in Bristol)
- Hosted tours of Ashley Vale
- Feasibility studies for self/custom build/community-led housing projects
- Project management of self build groups
- Support services to self build groups – including facilitation, holding effective meetings, recruiting members and mediation services
Contact us to discuss your needs and find out how we can support you to scale up self and custom build in your area.
Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames